08/08/08!
Maybe the Chinese are right when they say that 8 is an auspicious number, because up till now today was one of the best days i've had in a while. (: I'm sure tonight will be awesome too; I'm looking forward to the opening ceremony of China '08! :D Yayyy for Olympics! I've no idea why sporting events always excite me so much; I stayed up till 1am to watch the bowling stepladder finals in the last Asian Games, and still remember the disappointment when we watched Li Jiawei lose the 3rd place playoff in Athens '04.
National Day Celebrations in school today was extremely enjoyable :D I think it was partially because we got to sit at the amphi this time (finally!) and 314 sat in the shade throughout. I remembered to bring my camera this time, and took a lot of photos (: In the morning we waited for the guest-of-honour to arrive, and he turned out to be quite an interesting person (: I liked his speech for its simplicity and its delivery. I want to be a youth volunteer for Youth Olympics 2010! (jx and soph let's go together :D) Then we made our way to the amphitheatre and our class managed to squeeze somewhere in between 315 and 312/313. Sat with jx on my left and charmaine on my right (: I think all the items this year were good! Especially dance and choir imo :D The sec 4s' fashion parade was funny, there was some really facepalm things like the two durians and the rice bowls. 415's was so corny! HDB flat and NeWater pump, everyone was groaning x) Community singing part was the get-high part, when all of us started jumping up and down during the chorus of 'we will get there' xD hahaha charmaine kept saying her pants were dropping. Then we ended with school cheers! Unite was amusing because at the part where everyone screams, the boys from overseas were covering their ears and looking very bewildered/ disturbed x) I love school events which bring out our school spirit! <3
After the celebrations I rushed to hand in my lit pt, and then went to the foyer to find shanin. Haha at first I thought she pangsehed me lah, couldn't find her anywhere and she didn't switch on her phone. But eventually we found each other :D The day before on msn I said that we were going to go spontaneous because both of us aren't very decisive, but in the end shanin wanted to go to Sweet talk and I drank Honey Milk Tea! (: Yay it tastes as good as the lao di fang one, I was so sad that I couldn't find a replacement after one of the branches my family frequented closed! Anyway (: We went to Artfriend which made me gush all over again. The last time I went there to buy stuff for making Buckle cheerboards I ended up spending >1 hour there, and this time it felt just as good browsing the shelves. I was telling shanin how I wanted to convert part of my room into a science lab cos of some tv show/ video clip in sec 1, then in sec 2 when I was first introduced to artfriend I changed my mind and wanted to convert my room into an art studio! Just like in the Time Traveler's Wife (: but the highlight of the day was a shop called better toys? or something like that. Heehee we spent half our time in there but it was all worth it! They had cute necklaces/hairties/rings/buy-a-song/staplers/ everything really :D and circular die! In the end after spending a whole lot of time browsing we both bought a little something (: After that we went to mos and I bought my usual combi of nuggets and fries. The person gave me a whole lot of chilli and serviettes which were all put to good use due to my clumsiness heh. Shanin kept taking pictures of me while I ate! There was one particularly embarrrassing one D: but I didn't stop her since I could delete the photos anw :D
Haha now I think I shouldn't have recounted the outing in such detail cos it's so boring to read, but I want to rmbr all my nice outings when I grow up, so (: In any case thank you shanin for agreeing to go out :D I always feel very at ease and comfortable about being myself when going out with you because I can be as high/weird/silly as I want to! We must go out again (:
Haha now I think I shouldn't have recounted the outing in such detail cos it's so boring to read, but I want to rmbr all my nice outings when I grow up, so (: In any case thank you shanin for agreeing to go out :D I always feel very at ease and comfortable about being myself when going out with you because I can be as high/weird/silly as I want to! We must go out again (:
Labels: 08/08/08, going out, national day celebrations, shanin

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home